For a limited time, Chase and United are offering a 50,000 mile welcome bonus for the MileagePlus Club card. This premium card has a $450 annual fee (not waived the first year) but comes with a United Club airport lounge membership (normally $550/year). Keep in mind, this card is subject to Chase’s 5/24 approval rule. The public application link can be found here.
I’ve seen various welcome offers for this card in the past: $100 bonus after first purchase, waived first year annual fee, and bonus MileagePlus miles. This is simply the latest bonus flavor. If you’re a frequent flyer thinking about a United Club membership and covet MileagePlus miles, this could be the right offer for you.
United Club Membership
With a United Club membership, you can enjoy access to more than 45 United Club locations, Copa Club locations and participating Star Alliance® affiliated airport clubs worldwide. You don’t need to be flying United to gain access to a United Club, as long as you have a boarding pass for same-day travel. You are permitted to bring 2 adult guests OR 1 adult and dependent children under 21 years of age. Complimentary amenities include:
- Personalized travel assistance
- Beverages including select beer, wine and spirits
- Breakfast and afternoon snacks
Purchasing a United Club membership costs $550 per year. Even ignoring all the other benefits of the MileagePlus Club card, you save $100 off the membership cost.
Chase United MileagePlus Club Card
- 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Earn 2 miles per $1 on United purchases, 1.5 miles per $1 on all other purchases
- United Club membership – $550 value
- Free first and second checked bags
- No foreign transaction fees
- Hertz and Hyatt elite status upgrades
- $450 annual fee
This product is available to you if you do not have this Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this Card in the past 24 months.