With ongoing travel restrictions during the pandemic, United Airlines is automatically extending the expiration date of United Club one-time passes.
United Club one-time passes are a popular annual benefit of the Chase United Explorer and United Business credit cards.
According to United’s Twitter account, passes that are set to expire between April 1 and August 31, 2021 will all have a new expiration date of September 30, 2021.
My understanding is that this extension is only for passes that have not been extended in the past.
This is welcome news from United as most of their United Club lounges remain closed due to COVID-19.
These are the only United Club locations that are currently open:
- Chicago O’Hare (near Gate B6)
- Denver (near Gate B44 and near Gate B32)
- Honolulu (above Gates G2 and G3)
- Houston Intercontinental (near Gate E11 and near Gate C1)
- Los Angeles (near Gate 71A)
- New York/Newark (near Gate C74)
- San Francisco (near Gate F11)
- Washington Dulles (near Gate C7 and near Gate D8)