Capital One has finally introduced airline transfer partners to its popular Venture credit card. In the past, I’ve been critical of Venture for being nothing more than an expensive cash back credit card marketed as a travel card. That ends with this new benefit.
Capital One Venture earns 2x miles on all purchases and 10x miles on eligible purchases on hotels.com. Each mile can still be redeemed towards $.01 of travel purchased with the card. In that respect, the cash back feature of the card still exists.
Now, miles can also be transferred to airline partners at a ratio of 1.5 airline partner miles for every 2 Venture miles. This means you earn 1.5 partner miles for every $1 spent. At the outset, there are 12 partners:
- Aeromexico Club Premier
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- Alitalia MilleMiglia
- Avianca LifeMiles
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Etihad Airways Guest
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
- Finnair Plus
- Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
In addition to the new transfer partners, Capital One also increased Venture’s signup bonus to 75,000 miles after spending $5000 in the first 3 months. The bonus is worth $750 when used as a statement credit against travel purchases or more when transferred to airline partners.
- Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on all purchases
- Earn 10 miles per dollar at hotels.com when you pay with Venture
- $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck when you use your Venture card
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee (waived the first year)