Update: If you start to book a fare on Amtrak.com, when you get to the payment page, there is a better offer: 40,000 bonus points PLUS $100 statement credit. You don’t need to go through with the booking. H/T to DoC.
For a limited time, Amtrak is offering 40,000 Guest Rewards points as a signup for its World Mastercard. This is double the usual 20,000 points, though the spending requirement is $2,500 (instead of $1,000) in the first 3 months.
It’s a great deal for those who travel using Amtrak. Each Guest Rewards point is generally worth 2 to 2.5 cents. That makes the increased signup bonus worth around $800 to $1,000 on Amtrak travel.
Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard
20,00040,000 bonus points after making at least $2,500 in purchases within 90 days of account opening
- 20% rebate in the form of a statement credit on your food and beverage purchases onboard with the card
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on Amtrak travel, including onboard purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get a complimentary Companion Coupon upon account opening and each year when you renew your card membership
- Get a One-Class Upgrade upon account opening and each year when you renew your card membership for an enhanced travel experience
- Get a complimentary Single-Visit Station Lounge pass upon account opening
- 5% Amtrak Guest Rewards point rebate when you book your Amtrak redemption travel
- $79 Annual fee