January 25 – 31 is Restaurant Week in New York City. With the unfortunate limits on indoor dining, this year is different, though reimagined.
Participating NYC Restaurants are offering a takeout meal for $20.21. And if you register and pay with your Mastercard, you can earn $10 back on every one of these takeout orders, up to a total of $100.
This is a great way to support local businesses and try some new food offerings that you may not have sampled before.
You can search through the list of restaurants the official Restaurant Week page on nycgo.com–filter by name, location, cuisine and other options. It’s easy to place your orders online via that same link. Click the “Order Now” button under the restaurant of your choice and you can be directed to the restaurant’s website, or many of the popular food delivery services like DoorDash and Grubhub.
Here are just a few $20.21 offerings from restaurants under the NYC Classics filter.
- Keens Steakhouse
- Your choice of a sliced prime bavette sandwich served with grilled onion, lettuce, horseradish-sour cream and french fries; a sliced prime bavette salad made with butter lettuce, yukon gold potatoes and a creamy mustard vinaigrette; prime rib hash with a egg sunny-side up and carrots with brown butter; or roasted buttermilk chicken with artichokes and olives, served with butternut squash dumplings.
- Gramercy Tavern
- Mushroom lasagna, minestrone soup and a triple chocolate chunk cookie.
- Bar Boulud
- Choice of coq au vin or mushroom lasagna. Both come with a caesar salad side. For an additional $10 each you can add a mushroom soup or chicory salad appetizer, and a dark chocolate grenache and/or gâteau basque cake.
- Union Square Cafe
- Marinated olives and bar nuts, rigatoni Bolognese and a peanut butter cookie.
You can earn up to $100 total while supporting local NYC businesses. You first need to register your Mastercard at their All In NYC page. According to that link, you can:
- Get $10 back on every takeout order of $20.21 or more at select restaurants participating in NYC Restaurant Week To Go, now extended through February 7.
- Get $10 back on every $20 spent on attractions, museums, shopping and more—and $25 back on every $100 spent on hotels—as part of All In NYC: Neighborhood Getaways.
HT to user terpdeterp on Reddit for the heads up.