Amex Refreshes Blue Cash Preferred
American Express has refreshed it’s Blue Cash Preferred cash back credit card with new bonus earning categories. They’ve also left the annual fee unchanged at $95 per year.
Blue Cash Preferred has earned 6% cash back on the first $6,000 of eligible purchases each calendar year at supermarkets . Now you can also earn 6% on U.S. streaming subscriptions like Netflix and Spotify. A full list can be found here.
In addition to earning 3% cash back at gas stations, you can now earn 3% on transit. This includes trains, taxicabs, ride share services, ferries, tolls, parking, buses, and subways (airfare, car rental and cruises are not considered transit).
The card currently offers a generous signup bonus: $250 sign-up bonus after $1000 spend in first 3 months.
Blue Cash Preferred no longer includes 3% cash back at department stores.
Blue Cash Preferred
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%)
- 6% Cash Back on U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% Cash Back on transit
- 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- $95 Annual Fee
- $250 sign-up bonus after $1000 spend in first 3 months