Barclays is offering the highest bonus ever for its Jetblue Plus credit card. You can earn 60,000 bonus True Blue points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days after approval. True Blue points are worth about 1.4 cents each, making this signup bonus worth $840 for JetBlue flights.
The usual bonus is only 30,000 points, so this offer by Barclays and JetBlue is pretty compelling. The annual fee is $99 and not waived the first year.
JetBlue Plus Card
30,00060,000 Bonus after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Earn 6x points on JetBlue purchases, 2x at Restaurants & Grocery stores, 1x everywhere else
- Free first checked bag for you and up to 3 companions on JetBlue
- 5,000 Point Anniversary Bonus
- 10% Redemption Bonus Points
- Mosaic benefits after spending $50,000 or more in purchases each year
- 50% Savings on eligible inflight purchases
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- $99 Annual Fee
I believe the JetBlue Plus card is well worth the $99 annual fee. Assuming each point is worth 1.4 cents, the card’s 5,000 point anniversary bonus has a value of $70 every year. That offsets all but $29 of the annual fee. Other benefits will more than make up for that.
If you take only one round trip JetBlue flight with one checked bag, you’ll save another $40 with the free checked bag benefit. In addition, there’s the value that’s generated by the 10% Redemption Bonus. If you redeem the 60,000 point signup bonus, you’ll receive a 6,000 point rebate worth another $84 on future flights.
If you were considering this card, now is a great time to apply.